Welcome

Welcome to my spot! Here is just a place to share... most times it will be what I am currently journaling, while others with be a question that I need to get past bouncing around my head..

Either way you are more than welcome to comment, question, suggest or stir anything that causes you to be inspired.

My life is Rich, and it is a joy to share my heart with you and an honor to touch a life in the process.

So again Welcome!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A little something for myself?

Joshua 4-7

Ch 7

Then the people of Israel violated the holy curse, Achan son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah of the tribe of Judah, took some of the cursed things.

Joshua leads the people of Israel into battle under the direction of God. Their first battle mind you in the promised land.

God gives then Jericho literally. All they are required to do is march quietly until the ram’s horn is blown then shout praise to God… And the walls crumble before them.

What a victory!!!

Then Achan decides to keep a little something for himself. God becomes angry and 36 men die because of Achan’s actions.

It is very easy to look at Achan and judge his actions. A quick label of “greed” and a that’s what he gets! Then I walk away proudly mounted on my beautiful high horse!

But what happens if I don’t walk away? If instead I dismount my horse put away the quick judgment and instead look at the lesson taught?

Yes, Achan was wrong in his actions. Yes, he needed to be punished, but what would cause a man who has just experienced the hand of God move in such a powerful way to make these choices? I can only guess…. Maybe it was greed, maybe it was more than that...maybe it was after being in the wilderness for so long and looking at the prospect of finally being home, he wanted to make sure that his family was provided for… that He was ok.

As I take this one step further, I wonder how many times I have in the past made these same choices in my walk with God. How many times have I kept a little something for myself in order to insure a “safe” place. My heart has many, many, many areas that I feel are better off left hidden… but it is in the hiding that others are wounded and left for dead.

As I see God move in my life and see the walls of the enemy crumble at my feet, I must remember that there is no need to keep anything for myself… It is cursed and leads to death. I must put my whole trust in God, hold nothing back, hide nothing… and let him have every last bit of me…. NOW THAT’S A VICTORY WORTH SHOUTING ABOUT!

Father, help me to give absolutely everything to you. Holding nothing back for myself, nothing hidden or buried, but all given for your use and your glory, that others see for themselves the redeeming love that drives you.

No comments: