Welcome

Welcome to my spot! Here is just a place to share... most times it will be what I am currently journaling, while others with be a question that I need to get past bouncing around my head..

Either way you are more than welcome to comment, question, suggest or stir anything that causes you to be inspired.

My life is Rich, and it is a joy to share my heart with you and an honor to touch a life in the process.

So again Welcome!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year... New Beginnings... I LIKE IT!

Ah the freshness of a new year and the possibilities that lie ahead. I think this is one of my personal favorite times of the year, only to be topped by Christmas.

Every year at this time I awake and ask God what we will be working on. He usually gives me a topic for the year, and this year is no different. In the past it has been things like "truth in my inward parts" or "Do you want to be safe, or do you want to live." This year it is " learning to live intentional"

I am excited for what lies ahead, however I have learned some things along the way... The most relevant being two fold... this road will not be how I expect it to be and in the end it will be well worth it!

For me what I see is learning to live like I have never lived before. I tend to swing between being the ostrich and the control freak... I stick my head in the sand whenever there is any difficulty that heads my way, only to peek out and then try to grab hold and control every little aspect of a situation making sure to smother every bit of life out of it!

I am thinking that God has a better way that He wants to teach me. Taking me to a place that will in the long run bring peace in the midst of any place he chooses to bring me to. Learning to rely on his direction and enjoying the ride along the way.

You are invited to come along with me on my journey... I will be as open as I possibly can...even in the hard places.

No comments: