Welcome

Welcome to my spot! Here is just a place to share... most times it will be what I am currently journaling, while others with be a question that I need to get past bouncing around my head..

Either way you are more than welcome to comment, question, suggest or stir anything that causes you to be inspired.

My life is Rich, and it is a joy to share my heart with you and an honor to touch a life in the process.

So again Welcome!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hope Springs Anew

As I woke up this morning I chose a different path from my usual routine. Instead of grabbing a cup of coffee and my laptop to do the usual perusing on my favorite sites, I chose to take my coffee outside and just sit and enjoy my surroundings. I saw the beauty of spring around me and decided to just savor the moment.

As I was sitting there my eyes scanned to a basket that was hanging on my deck and I had to smile... A few weeks ago, there was nothing but death hanging. I had been meaning to clean out the dry barrenness, but never really got around to that project.

Then Spring came! Out of the barrenness began to sprout life. I was amazed to find green leaves beginning to appear!

As I was pondering the moment, I heard the whisper of my Lord speaking to my heart....
Don't mistake barrenness for what is just Winter. I have not called your family to barrenness! This beloved is just Winter.

How many times have I struggled and wondered if this was all there was? How many times have I cried tears for what should have been? How long have I wondered if I had done something wrong and this was my punishment? How long have I felt I should just be content with where I am, that my time has passed?

I had resigned myself to all of this and yet the whisper came...
This is just Winter

Winter is only a season! Winter I can handle! Hoping for Spring, yet allowing the lessons of Winter to be learned in the process.

Winter... Where roots go deep...Where strength is developed... Where growth is unseen yet so necessary

Lord;

Thank you for walking with me in the Winter... for seeing beyond what I have declared as barren and knowing that it was just Winter. Thank you that you have so much more for me and my family than I can ever imagine.

Remind me that Winter does come, yet I can take comfort in knowing that it is just a season, and in the midst there are lessons to learn, that you have walked before me and will be with me in the process. Taking my hand and warming my heart in the midst of the cold.... Reminding me that Spring is on it's way!

No comments: